Monday, September 29, 2014

Rest In Peace to Kitty and Hope

I am very sorry to say, that our brave volunteer, Kitty could not land on planet Mars safely. While landing, Kitty was sending us signals and messages, but we could not understand. But then the signal was cut off, so suddenly. The signal came back on, thirty minutes later and Kitty's last words were, "It's red up here, my favorite color. It's beautiful. I made it. But I'm sorry I couldn't help investigate...I have a crack on my head...it's leaking...I'm sorry." And the long beep came on again. It only took a few seconds until all of us, cried. Kitty will always be in our hearts.


Okay, guys. Seriously, now. Hope and Kitty, while landing, were attacked and shot by aliens and that is how they both got some major injuries. I'm sorry. I just had to do that.
Anyway, the reason as to why Hope could not land safely is not her fault. It is ours (my group and I). I think that while doing the process, we shaped up Hope wrong. Our parachute was too small to make the landing take long to get down and softly hit the surface. The parachute is the only error I think that we have made because, other groups made a cone-shaped lander and did not put too much cushioning on the sides of the cone but they were still very successful. A change I would definitely make if I could ever do this project again, is to keep the trash bag its normal size and to use string rather than pipe cleaners to attach the parachute to the main part of the lander. Because while I watched the successful landers, I saw that they had big parachutes and string to attach them to the lander. Even though our design was a fail, I have learned a lot through out this project. Check out the video below of the actual, real drop! 

No comments:

Post a Comment